Friday, April 27, 2012

Friday Five

Hello loves! I haven't done a Friday Five on recently read books for a while, so today I'm giving you the last five I've read, in no particular order.

1. Robin Renee Ray ~ Bloodbreeders Living In Darkness
2. Robin Renee Ray ~ Bloodbreeders The Revenge
The Bloodbreeder series is not your usual vampire romance full of sexy vamps and the women that love them. In fact, if you have a weak stomach or if your sensitive to torture scene's this may not be the series for you. In fact, there were times I admit, I had to skim a bit because Robin Renee Ray knows how to make you wince and squirm, but I loved that it was different and didn't glamorize becoming a Bloodbreeder. I can't wait for the next in the series to see what she comes up with next. I'm hooked!
3. Valerie Douglas ~ Nike's Wings
This is one of the best romantic suspense books I've read in a long time. Nike had her life flipped upside down in the worst of ways at the young age of 18 and becomes a lethal assasin for the government. Without giving spoilers, if you're into espionage, military, CIA and badass chicks, you have got to read this. I promise you will go through a myriad of emotions and be rooting for her to get a HEA. Loved this book. Did I say I loved it? Yeah, I do. I'm looking forward to reading more from Valerie Douglas.
4. Felicity Heaton ~ In Heat: Mating Call
After reading this, I want my own black panther shifter. ;) Erik is a delicious, sensuous, head over heels in love man, that is waiting on the woman (Kim) he believes is his mate, to come into heat so they can mate and be together for life. Then to turn up the heat, literally, a white tiger shifter tries to steal her heart. A very steamy read!
5. Doris O'Connor ~ Lure of the Blood
If you've read anything of Doris O'Connor you know it's going to be hot and Lure of the Blood doesn't disappoint. I mean...yum! Not only was it a steamy and sexy with a vampire and wolf shifter character base, but it was loving and sweet with a good plot.

One of the books I'm reading now is In Heat: Book 1 ~ Felicity Heaton (Yes, I'm reading them out of order, but from what I've seen so far, this series can carry themselves as stand alones.)

Tell me what you're reading!


5 comments:

  1. Ummmm.... *too busy checking out the picture above* Oh yeah! I am reading Fifty Shades of Grey. Nice pic by the way :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl, I was just looking at the reviews on that series. There has been so much hype and the talk on making it into a movie, I figured I would check it out. After reading the reviews, I'm not sure I want to pay $9.99 a book. What do you think of it so far?

      Delete
  2. You found my man!!! He's been missing! Sooo that's what he's been up to, lol! ;) I haven't been reading a lot lately, been revising stories or working or painting the house...ehhh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that the yummiest pic? ;) I've been in kind of a meh writing mood this past week. So I used the time to read a lot. It has been wonderful. But now I'm behind schedule lol. Ah well...

      Delete
    2. Jensen Ackles is just yummy yes indeed, that would definitely be my free pass dude ;)

      Delete