Sunday, April 1, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday #13



Hello loves! Welcome back to my contribution to Six Sentence Sunday. Week #13 for me is going to be a six from my WIP, Reflecting on Wishes, book two in my Wishes series. The scene is on the first page of the book and Dakota has just went in the local diner to meet his friends for breakfast and is greeted by the owner Lola.

“There’s my tall, dark and handsome! C’mere and give Lola some lovin’s honey.”
Dakota grinned and wrapped her up against him and lifted the buxom, curvy woman off her feet, sending her into a fit of girlish giggles. “Lola you get more beautiful every single time I come in here darlin’.”
Kissing his cheeks, she patted his chest and fanned her face. “Oh lordy be honey, if I wasn’t married I’d be doin’ things to you that are illegal in the state of Georgia, I would!”

Don't forget, every week, the Six Sentence Sunday Blogs are available by 9 a.m. EST Sunday.So many amazing authors participate! For this weeks list search #sixsunday on Twitter.  

My inspiration for Dakota is Shemar Moore.... 


26 comments:

  1. My oh my, now Shemar Moore can be my inspiration any day honey *WEG*

    I love it, cannot wait to read it....I'm getting closer to being done with A Million Wishes!

    Great job sweetie, and thank you for a wonderful first sneak peek into Reflecting on Wishes *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rose. :) Isn't Shemar just...yummy? LOL!

      Delete
    2. I have lusted after him since his days on The Young and The Restless and I have to watch Criminal Minds just because of him *LOL*

      Delete
  2. Oh my! He sure is a charmer, this one! Not difficult to 'get', if he looks like Shemar Moore! :)

    And your cover is gorgeous, honey! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's definitely a charmer Zee. :) I'm glad you like the cover!

      Delete
  3. WOW! Quite the inspiration : )

    Also those six sentences had me adding Reflecting on Wishes to my "to watch for & read" list! I'm hooked already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mhmm, delicious inspiration Savannah LOL! So glad you liked the peek!

      Delete
  4. L. O. L. !! That was *#$ing hysterical. What a great scene. Loved your six! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. -grins- I just love Lola. When I write her, I'm literally cracking up laughing! My hubby thinks I'm weird LOL!

      Delete
  5. Oh, yeah. Shemar is some great inspiration and I love Lola! Great secondary characters add so much to a book, IMO. Good job, DeAnna!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, Lola is my favorite secondary character! She really adds light and laughter. Thank you Silver!

      Delete
  6. Lola is my kinda woman lol. Funny, sassy, sweet and adorable. Great sneak peek Dee, now I want more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lola is a hoot. I've been having fun writing her, she has a great voice. :) I might be persuaded to send the first few chapters to you...maybe... ;)

      Delete
  7. Great characterisation! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to know what's illegal in the state of Georgia! ;) Fun six, DeAnna. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny fact...sodomy, including consensual oral sex, is illegal in the state of Georgia. Also, sex between an unmarried couple is illegal. True story! lol
      (Not sure if any of those laws have been changed, but they are just silly they were ever laws anyways!)

      Delete
  9. Now that's a character! Very nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, wow! That was so great. I think I know that woman. LOL! Only now...I miss the characters from the last few weeks...it was getting sooooo good... Tease! Now we have to buy the book. ;)

    I have it...just have to read it. Six Sentences at a time I can always make time for. Have an awesome Sunday!Thank you for the sexy stranger and laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it Carmen! Isn't it funny how we get attached to these six sentence snippets? ;)

      Delete
  11. The state doesn't belong in her bed, lol, but it sounds like someone needs to be in his. Great six!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lola is great! She really jumps off the page.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This made me smile. Lola's great!

    ReplyDelete