Sunday, April 15, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday #14


Hello loves! Today I'm posting a continuation for my WIP Reflecting On Wishes. If you missed the first six I posted two weeks ago you can find it here. 

Set-up: Dakota just arrived at the diner and is flirting with the owner Ms. Lola while he waits for his buddies to join him for breakfast before they head to the drag races for his birthday weekend.

He grinned at her, wiggling his eyebrows. “Ms. Lola, I would have let you too.” A brief kiss on her cheek left her gasping as she picked up a menu and fanned her face.

“Oh honey, now you come on back here and take this table by the kitchen so’s I can come out and flirt with you while your here. Goodness knows you are good for this old gal’s ego.” 
With that said, she turned and weaved her way to the table, swinging her ample hips to and fro’ all the way there.

My yummy inspiration for Dakota, Shemar Moore.
Don't forget, every week, the Six Sentence Sunday Blogs are available by 9 a.m. EST Sunday.So many amazing authors participate! For this weeks list search #sixsunday on Twitter.  

18 comments:

  1. I love this gal. She knows who she is and ain't afraid to flaunt it. And of course I understand why she's fanning herself; I read the previous six. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lola is my favorite new character. She has such a fun personality! :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely description, l can just see her! Great six!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a character!! I love the interaction between these two! Great six, DeAnna. =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you K.E.! I have had so much fun writing her. :)

      Delete
  4. I love her! So much character in just a few lines.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lola sounds like a great character!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I admit...I kind of have a crush on Lola already. :) Love the teaser!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL she is a love Raven! I can see why you would crush on her. ;)

      Delete
  7. Lola sounds great! Her personality shines in this six :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still love Lola. She's so much fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor Ms. Lola - she's in deep! :) Loved your sixes with Dakota

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms. Lola loves to flirt! lol! Thanks Zee :)

      Delete